Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

STDs

save the Date's that is.... Since we're planning on doing alot of things DIY our first major paper product that needs to be designed is the save the dates. I've decided to use vistaprint for these little lovelies. Its pretty awesome if you dont know about it, you can use pre designed things or upload your own design and you can get your first 100 postcards for free. yes FREE, just pay shipping and handling. so BINGO! We're doing STD postcards.  Ill then buy plain white envelope which I'm dressing up with some stamps that I've bought (we'll get into that later). Anyways even though save the dates won't go out till about December/January  I started working on them this week, I'm a little bit of a perfectionist so this sort of stuff takes me a while and seeing as my amount of free time is about to dramatically plumit I figured I should get started. so after many hours of fussing with inkscape (free version of a photoshop) this is what I've got
There will be a picture from our engagement shoot in October that goes in the empty space below the flower and next to the calendar on the left. I had something like this already mocked up with more yellow flowers that I got from weddingchicks.com, pulled form the free template for dahlia invitaions but it seemed to busy. Then when I was doing my daily weddingbee browsing I came across a fellow bride who used the same flower and had this type of mock up. It was exactly what I was going for so i adjusted her idea a little and viola! I like them, I cant wait to get a picture in there and see how it all comes together. what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment