Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, April 23, 2010

Big Decision #1 : Where are we getting married?

I never knew finding the perfect venue was so difficult. I have a vision and i have a budget and I have 44 places none of which completely satisfy both. Some are too small, some are too big, some are too expensive, some are hot in the summer, some wont allow outside catering and ive suddenly become Goldie Locks who cant find porridge or a bed thats just right for me.

Things i know: I want an outside wedding, in the evening in June, i want it by some sort of body of water and i want a reception in the same place.

So the search for the venue has begun, ive made spread sheets of costs, and inclusions and rentals and availability and pros and cons and a decision cant be made. May I also remind you its tough to plan anything without having a venue and of course a concrete date. All this being said I love the Retreat at Bradley's Pond. I always have, everytime i see pictures from friends who have gotten married or had their reception there i swoon. let me show you:


So this of course is my top love of a venue. so whats the big problem you ask? Its a little out of my price range. the venue itself is almost $2000 not to mention I would need to rent outside chairs linens china etc. so with that being said it doesnt fit into my budget perfectly, but am i willing to make some other changes to make it work. Anywho after 2 weeks of searching and stressing over it everyday i really have my heart set on Bradley's Pond. Next week I'm meeting with the Owners to check it out, Ill keep you updated on how it turns out and what I decide, in the meantime ill keep daydreaming about the perfect wedding venue.

1 comment:

  1. I read on another blog that they were given a discount for getting married to someone in the military. I don't know if this is always the case, but it is worth a shot to ask and explain your situation! I can't seem to find the article right now...but I will let you know if I come across it.

    ReplyDelete