Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

we'll take a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne.

Happy New Year everyone! Im excited because I can finally say im getting married THIS year. yep thats right, just about 5 months from now I'll be a Mrs.

I'm proud that its only taken me 4 days to get around to my obligatory New Years Post. thats pretty good if you ask me. I'm not going to talk about resolutions or anything of the sort. I've learned to stop making resolutions because lets be honest nobody follows them anyways, Instead I like to just take a minute to think about what I hope to get out of the new year and what i can improve in my life to make me a better person,friend, student, daughter,fiancee etc.  I think whats most important when thinking about a new year and a so called fresh start is not to forget the one that you've just brought to a close. Its very important  for me at least to learn from my mistakes and while I try not to have regrets and I don't hold grudges I make it a point to remember the things ive done wrong so that I'm sure Ive learned a lesson from them.

2010 was quite the year or me. both good and bad. Obviously some big things happened, I started medical school and got engaged both of which invariably have changed my life (for the good of course) and Im beyond excited to see what 2011 has in store for me I have the best hopes and wishes not only for myself but for my loved ones and I pray that this year turns out to do great things for everyone that I know. I know for myself Im looking forward to growing my education, becoming an amazing man's wife and gaining a whole new family of pretty amazing people. oh and did I mention i turn 25 this year (WOW, at least its on 11/11/11, so i can forget that im old and have fun with the luckiest birthday ever).

The last 2 years of of my life have without a doubt been the most defining. without going into details I can say that who I am has been changed and my strength has been defined more than I thought it would be in just a few years and Im happy to say that who I am today is a product of those changes, trials and triumphs.

I thought it would be fun to take a little trip down memory lane so for your viewing pleasure (or laughing pleasure) here are some pics of new years over the last 3 years from 2 week after graduating college to being halfway thorugh my first year of med school and 5 months away from being married

New Years 2009 (Jacksonville, Fl)

                                  
New  Years 2010 (Kalamazoo, MI)

 

New Years 2011 (Orlando, Fl)

No comments:

Post a Comment