Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

a rainbow of yellow (shoes)

For those of you that know me you know I'm detail oriented and a bit of a perfectionist/control freak. Its okay, you can admit it, because I admit it. So it may come as a surprise that when it comes to my bridesmaids and outfitting for them for the big day I'm doing something a little unorthodox. Mismatching. yep that's right. they wont look all exactly the same and exactly uniform.

I really wanted all my girls to be very comfortable and be able to have fun with their outfits. While I have picked a dress for them (I'm not that adventurous to let them wander out on their own and hope they return with something great, although I'm sure they'll all could, after all they are quite fashionable) , I thought it would be a fun idea to let them pick their own shoes. ( I know, you're sitting there thinking"WOW! that's big? shoes? yipee! in a very sarcastic tone of course)  I came across this photo:
                                                                       source

Instantly I thought what a fun idea it would be for the girls to go out and buy a great pair of yellow heels they would never have a reason to wear anywhere else and they may never wear again but are still completely amazing.

The girls officially  have 5 months to find the cutest yellow shoes that exist to go with their little black dresses and make my mismatch dream come true!

1 comment:

  1. Eek! Now I have less than 5 months! Cute butnot ridiculously high or expensive yellow heels are harder to find than you'd think! LOL =)

    ReplyDelete