Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Craft city

The wedding is soo close, its just a little over 3 months away and there is so much to do. I finally decided i need to stop making lists of things i need to do and start doing them. So early this week I took a study break and headed to Michaels for a shopping spree and have been weddig crafting a little bit each night after i finish studying. hers a few of the things Ive come up with so far

Door hanger for our hotel room the night of the wedding. I got this wooden hanger from michaels for just 79 cents:
I painted a base coat of yellow and then used scrap book pieces (also from michaels) to decorate it and this is the result:
 The next project was a flower girl basket. Luckily it is coming up on Easter time so alot of baskets are out and around, I found this yellow basket on sale for $4.00,
It is metal with small pearls and glitter on it, even though I thought it was cute as is, we don't want our adorable little flower girl carrying an easter basket, so I spruced it up with some ribbon around the handle and a few bows
Another thing I've seen in pictures during my wedding website browsing is a banner. I decided to make a "Just married" banner that will hang on the wall behind the sweet heart table. All I needed was some cardstock wich I already had, Paint which I already had and a $1.00 spool of ribbon
 I cut cardstock into rectangles and the triangled the bottom, Then I painted letters free hand on each of the pieces. I took a hole punch and put two holes in the top of each of them and simply threaded the ribbon though!
 And Voila! just married banner is complete (and hanging on my wall for the pictures sake)

 and lastly I wanted to make a wooden sign for the driveway entrance to the wedding. Its sort of a long driveway into the location and I really wanted something to put on the street for the guests to know they are in the right place.   So I bought a wooden arrow for $6.00 and painted it with stencils

This will go on a wooden stake and be placed at the entrance of the wedding venue.

I also had a chance to do some mock ups for centerpieces this weekend and I think I've nailed down what Im going to be doing. A few mason jars, some candles, sunflowers and a little wooden heart are all going to come together to make what I hope are amazing centerpieces. I've decided not to post pictures of the centerpieces because I dont want to ruin it for the guests who are readers :)

I have about a million other projects to get done but I feel very productive so far! theses three months will fly by and I can't wait

No comments:

Post a Comment